The Texas Flood Registry is a joint venture between Rice University and local public health organizations. Initially created in response to Hurricane Harvey, the registry collects health, location, and exposure information from people living in areas affected by major storms. This information helps to identify health trends and risks associated with major storms and inform planning for future natural disasters.
The Texas Flood Registry is seeking a detail-oriented Web/Software Developer to join our team and deploy new surveys in the event of severe flooding during the 2021 Atlantic hurricane season. The work can be done remotely and with flexible hours.
Learn more about the Texas Flood Registry.
- Back-end maintenance, keep up-to-date on website security and trends
- Test and deploy new surveys, registries, or releases
- Update website appearance and validate its functionality on mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop screen resolutions
- Troubleshoot and debug software/website errors
- Generate weekly data dumps
- Work collaboratively with team members to advance objectives of the Texas Flood Registry
- Understanding of relational databases
- Familiarity with ExpressJS
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with SurveyJS
Send the following materials to email@example.com, with "TX Flood Registry" as the subject header:
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- List of 3 references